Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thing #8 Flickr Mashups


GiGi mosaic
Originally uploaded by AuntSherri
Ohhhhhhh, so that's what a "Mash-up" is. I've heard the term and now I know. This was really fun and super easy. As I explored the various mashup sites provided I uploaded the products to my Flickr account then just blogged from Flickr. This just keeps getting better and better. 
When I think about how to use this with students categorizing and grouping comes to mind. Give your students a bunch of pictures and have them sort out a group and create a mosaic, then explain how all the pictures in the group relate to each other. For example sorting living creatures of a specific biome.....
I think sharing images online is a great idea. Personally I think it is safe enough, but then again, I don't have anyone stalking me... that I know of anyway:) 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Gigi is just too cute! :-)