Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thing #19 Beyond MySpace: other social networks

This was one huge thing!!! I enjoyed exploring the many social networks sites presented. I had no idea there were so many. I joined the Ning network Mary set up for us and added pictures to my page. I also created a badge and posted it to my blog, along with the photo slideshow widget. All of these tasks were very easy to do in Ning. I also posted the slideshow widget to MySpace. 
After reading Jim Louderback's article, "My Guide to Social Networks" I felt personally challenged to join Pownce. I have found a new friends and am just waiting to see if they will accept me:) I know I have a long way to go, but maybe one day I'll be allowed to hang out with the "Super-cool Web 2.0 kids."
So, my adventure with Thing #19 made me a member of the 23Thingsters and Pownce. I also Twitter and have MySpace and Facebook pages with a couple of friends:) Oh, I also have a Nike+ account that I visit regularly to log runs and talk smack.
I like how simple Ning is to navigate and manipulate. I really think I will try to set up a social network for the teachers in my schools. These social network sites are so user friendly, or have I just become more Web 2.0 friendly?

1 comment:

Debbie said...

You already were a "super-cool web 2.0 kid" long before this class!