Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thing #17 Tagging and Social Bookmarking with del.icio.us

After browsing the three social bookmarking sites I really got a better idea of what the "hype" is. Del.icoi.us is a really cool Web 2.0 tool that will change the way I keep track of sites that interest me. The only challenge I really find with del.icio.us is the pink highlighted "savedby" text. It's hard to read, I wish they would make the text black within the pink. I enjoyed seeing what tags others used for the different sites. 
These social bookmarking tools are very beneficial for personal or professional research. I went ahead and created my own account, I think now I will migrate my Safari bookmarks from previous research projects to del.icio.us.
Classroom teachers can take advantage of del.icio.us as they point their students toward quality websites. 
What a cool tool that makes a lot more sense to me now that I've had time to learn more about it.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

I even exported all the "favorites" I had in my browser so everything is in my del.icio.us account. It's nice to access it wherever you go. Now I just have to remember to put new things in del.ioio.us