Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing #12 Google

Google has it goin' on! 
I set up an iGoogle page, it kind of reminds me of the MyYahoo page I once had. I was surprised at how easy it was to add gadgets, being able to select a gadget and continue browsing without being redirected back to the main page was nice. Once I returned to my iGoogle page I liked the layout. It was so easy to delete tabs and gadgets. This Google feature is so user-friendly. I even added a gadget for my Google Reader.  I set up a Google Alert for "Brad Angelina Babies", I know, cheesy, but it is all over the news and I knew I would see results with a topic like this. I looked for a gadget for Google Alerts and didn't find one. It would be great if my Google Alerts could be sent to my iGoogle page instead of to my email. Anybody know how to do that? iGoogle could easily become my Safari homepage!
As an educational tool, teachers could share their calendar with students and parents. There calendar could include assignments, class/school events, deadlines, meetings, etc.  Google Notebook can include a classroom newsletter for students and parents.
Google. That's a good thing!

1 comment:

LifeIsGood Clantonism said...

Yes, I think Google does have it going on. I love my iGoogle page. I have set it up and it helps me keep up with topics I think are important. This is all about learning something new. I can't wait to apply what I have leaned!