Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing #6 Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

Wow! I had no idea Web 2.0 tools were so diverse. The categories presented included sites I never imagined would have collaborative features. Take real estate for example, who new you could do more than just search for a desired property. Individuals can post there own property for sale, or present an ideal property they wish to purchase and wait for potential sellers. 
There was a book site that I really couldn't find any Web 2.0 aspect to it. It appeared to be just an online bookstore, but perhaps I missed something there. 
The tool I found particularly interesting was Wufoo form builder; "The easiest way to collect information over the internet." This site provides lots of templates for those in education as well as those in the business world, or you can create your own. For us teachers Wufoo would be great for posting parent forms online such as for field trips or surveys for students such as "Red Ribbon Week" pledges, you get the idea.
Check out the Wufoo survey I've created in my sidebar. It was simple to create, and even easier to post using the HTML code.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Great use of the tool! Aren't the surveys a great way to collect info?