Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thing #16 Get Organized with Web 2.0 Tools

Overall, I'm really impressed with the Google suite of Web 2.0 tools. It seems like they have a solution for all productivity and communication needs. I just got the new iPhone, with "push" technology. My mail, calendar, contacts and photos all sync between my iPhone, MacBook, and Safari. This is all great for my personal needs, but Google really addresses the collaborative needs as well.
Stickies
These little reminders are great. I use them alot and they really help me keep on top of things. Here's a picture of my current desktop.
Online To Do Lists
Backpack is pretty neat, I like its clean appearance. I think I will give it a try for a couple of months and see if it helps me get things done.
Online Calendars
My first attempt at working with an online calendar was a no go. Unfortunately the link to Kiko didn't work. So then I tried working with Spongecell. Creating the calendar was pretty easy. I like how I could select a color scheme. I noticed at the bottom of the calendar there was an iCal link so I clicked it, and sure enough, the event I created was sent to my iCal. Strangely though, instead of the start being at 8:00 am, it imported at 10:00 am.... hmmmmm.
Currently I really don't have a need to publish a collaborative calendar. But if the time comes that I do, I certainly know where to find one. I really like Google Calendars.
Customized Start Pages
I customized my iGoogle page, I had already worked with it quite a bit prior to #16, so I redesigned the header.

1 comment:

blogger said...

I love the sticky note tool as well. I've been called the sticky note queen by more than one person, so having an online version is pure heaven! I'm all about organization and love that Google has so many organizational tools.