Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thing #10 RSS Reader and Feeds

RSS and newsreaders really help me to use my time more efficiently. There are sites that I visit daily just to see what's new. This tool will help  save time by delivering the new stories to me. Now, if I can just find the time to read all of the stories.
I chose Google Reader because of its many features and because of the other products Google offers. I like that this newsreader is web-based, I also saw that it has an iPhone feature I plan to take advantage of. I have subscribed to lots of sites in the past just to realize that I'm seeing the same articles over and over again. I hope to eventually get my subscriptions weeded down to just the essential. I would like to find a few sites that would be of interest to the elementary teachers I support and then show them how to use a reader to stay informed and up-to-date.

No comments: