Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing #20 You Too can You Tube

After spending waaaaaaay too much time searching for a good video to post, I finally chose this interview with author Betsy Byars. I chose it because I enjoyed watching it. One thing I found as I watched videos on YouTube is that I became very bored and didn't watch most of them in their entirety. I used the search feature on YouTube for several different topics. I found this video in the related video pane while watching another author video. 
I love that there are so many videos to preview. I also like that they are made by just regular people. I think it would be good to gather a few videos made by children to demonstrate to a class how they too can create and post videos. The problem is finding just the right videos. The rating stars didn't really mean anything, some videos I previewed had 5 stars, but they just weren't pleasurable to watch. 
All-in-all I appreciate what YouTube has to offer, but the experience of searching for a video to post was not too fun for me.

No comments: