Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thing #18 Explore Social Networking

As I was browsing through Facebook and MySpace I realized that these social networking sites are for everyone, including our students. For that fact alone, we as educators should know the basics of how they work? I set up a site on Facebook and joined a group for teachers. Social networking is not just for making personal connections, but also professional. I really liked how Facebook pages I visited were clean and easy to load, MySpace pages were very unique to the creator and often tended to be chaotic and difficult to read and load. I can see how MySpace appeals to younger web users.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1344744497

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Even companies and libraries are setting up MySpace accounts. I guess everyone wants in on the action!