Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing #7 Explore Flickr

Flickr...... where did the past hour go? I love this site! As I was exploring I ventured off into the mapped photographs and chose the group "Hard Core Street Photography" and chose a group of photographs in London to look at. I looked through the photostream of Nils Jorgensen. Wow, simply incredible photography. I was really inspired by his work and apparently so are many others. He has a large following of fans who comment on all of his photos. I tried to download images from the this photo stream, but they were all protected so I decided to move on to my own pictures.
I have some pics in my iPhoto library of my doggie GiGi that I chose upload. I used Flickr's blogging tool to post the pic of GiGi here on "Learning Something New" it was pretty easy to set up my blog to work with Flickr. My Flickr experience was a good one, but this is not the site for random people like myself. I kept getting lost in the photos and losing track of time. Even when I started working with my own pictures I had to force myself to stay on task. I really like the world map feature, I tried to recreate the steps I used during my last visit but couldn't figure out how I got there, but I'll try again soon. Flickr is the only photo hosting service I have used. I think it would be great to have an MISD group with pics from around the district to be used for newsletters, student projects, etc. I like being able to log into Flickr and find exactly what I am looking for, hopefully I will become a little more efficient at that.  



1 comment:

Debbie said...

See if you can upload a picture from Flckr to your blog.